Property24 is a prominent player in the property market, standing as a testament to the success driven by software innovation. The company operates independently within the OLX Group and is owned by Naspers, a global internet and entertainment group. With headquarters in the Great Westerford Building in Newlands, Cape Town, Property24 is at the forefront of creating outstanding user experiences through its websites, desktop, and mobile applications.
Ownership and Structure: Property24 is a part of the Naspers classifieds division, which falls under the broader OLX Group. Naspers, the parent company, is a diversified multinational conglomerate with a strong presence in e-commerce, media, and technology. As a subsidiary of Naspers, Property24 benefits from the strategic support and global reach of its parent company.
Operations and Reach: The company has made significant strides in the property market by creating comprehensive property platforms successfully deployed in multiple international territories. In South Africa alone, Property24 boasts over 700 independent property websites running on its platform, with a substantial user base of 2.5 million unique monthly consumers seeking their perfect homes. The company has also expanded its footprint to countries such as Russia, Kenya, and the Philippines.
Technological Focus: Property24 is known for its tech-savvy approach, with a dedicated team of passionate and like-minded individuals driving software innovation. The company prioritizes quality, scale, and performance in its products, ensuring that users have seamless experiences across various platforms.
Company Culture: The company prides itself on fostering a culture where opinions are shared freely, and technical ability holds significant weight. Property24 values measurement and statistics, considering them as important metrics to gauge success. Teams within the organization take ownership of the problems they work on and have direct interactions with stakeholders, promoting a sense of accountability and responsibility.
Achievements: Property24 has achieved notable success by becoming a leader in the property market. The company’s platforms are utilized by a vast network of over 4,300 estate agencies and 37,000 estate agents on a daily basis in South Africa. The impressive user base and wide adoption of its platforms underscore the company’s commitment to excellence and innovation.
Why Work for Property24: Working for Property24 offers individuals the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and passionate team. The company emphasizes a tech-centric approach, where employees are encouraged to share their opinions and contribute to the continuous improvement of products and services. With a focus on analytics and A/B testing, Property24 values employees who understand the importance of detail and take the time to comprehend the intricacies of their work.
Job Position: Junior Support Consultant
Location: Cape Town Southern Suburbs
Job Type: Permanent
Sectors: Call Centre, General Technical
Salary: Market Related
Employment Equity Position
Closing Date: Apply before Jan 21, 2024 | 59 Days left
About the Role: As a Junior Support Consultant at Property24, you will play a vital role in delivering first-class service to our customers. If you are self-managed, detail-oriented, and possess customer support experience, this opportunity is tailored for you. You will be part of a tech-savvy team, working with an industry leader where training and development are prioritized.
A Junior Support Consultant is a professional who plays a crucial role in providing assistance and solutions to customers or clients, particularly in the realm of technology and customer support. This role typically involves working in a support or helpdesk environment, where individuals seek assistance with various technical issues, inquiries, or challenges. Here’s a more detailed explanation of the key aspects of the Junior Support Consultant profession:
- Customer Support:
- Interaction with Customers: A significant part of the job involves interacting with customers, either through phone calls, emails, or other communication channels. Junior Support Consultants are often the first point of contact for customers seeking assistance.
- Problem Resolution: They are responsible for understanding customer issues, troubleshooting problems, and providing effective solutions. This requires a combination of technical knowledge, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities.
- Technical Knowledge:
- Understanding IT Concepts: Junior Support Consultants need to have a good understanding of IT and technical concepts. This includes knowledge of hardware, software, operating systems, and other technical components relevant to the products or services they are supporting.
- A+ Certification: While not always mandatory, possessing an A+ certification is often considered advantageous. This certification validates a candidate’s understanding of essential IT concepts and technical skills.
- Communication Skills:
- Language Proficiency: Excellent communication skills, particularly in English, are typically required. In some cases, additional language skills, such as basic Afrikaans in the case of the provided job posting, may be advantageous.
- Telephone Etiquette: Junior Support Consultants often provide support over the phone, so having an excellent telephone manner is crucial. This involves being friendly, patient, and effective in communicating technical information to non-technical users.
- Documentation and Record Keeping:
- Ticketing System: Junior Support Consultants use ticketing systems to accurately record and document customer interactions. This helps in tracking the status of issues, monitoring trends, and providing a reference for future problem-solving.
- Ad hoc Tasks and Projects:
- Flexibility: The role may involve handling ad hoc tasks, special projects, or providing training to customers. Junior Support Consultants need to be flexible and adaptable to handle a variety of responsibilities beyond routine support tasks.
- Qualifications and Education:
- Educational Background: A minimum requirement for this role, as per the provided job posting, is a Grade 12 qualification. However, additional education or certifications in relevant fields, such as IT or customer support, can be beneficial.
- Personal Characteristics:
- Resourcefulness: Junior Support Consultants should be resourceful, able to think on their feet, and find solutions to problems efficiently.
- Initiative and Problem-Solving: The ability to take initiative and solve problems independently is crucial. Junior Support Consultants often encounter unique challenges that require creative problem-solving skills.
- Time Management: Good time management skills are essential, especially in a fast-paced support environment where handling multiple inquiries simultaneously is common.
- Learning and Sharing Knowledge: A willingness to learn quickly and adapt to a dynamic IT environment is key. Moreover, being open to sharing knowledge with colleagues contributes to a collaborative and effective support team.
- Competitive, market-related salary
- Training and development opportunities
- Challenging career in Customer Service
- Work within an established team of like-minded individuals
- Exposure to a dynamic IT environment
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
Eligibility: To be considered for this position, candidates should meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Grade 12
- Customer support experience
- A+ certification advantageous
- Excellent communication skills in English (basic Afrikaans advantageous)
- Good working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office
- Ability to grasp and understand IT and technical concepts
Requirements: As a Junior Support Consultant, you will be responsible for:
- Providing friendly and efficient support to customers via telephone/email
- Accurately recording and documenting activity through the ticket system
- Ensuring effective communication with customers, colleagues, and management
- Performing adhoc functions, projects, and training
- Resourceful with a strong sense of urgency
- Friendly and helpful demeanor
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to share knowledge
- Quick learner and comfortable in a dynamic IT environment
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit their applications by the closing date, January 21, 2024. Please include a detailed resume, cover letter, and any relevant certifications. Ensure that your application clearly demonstrates how your skills and experience align with the requirements of the position.
Official Contact: For inquiries or to submit your application, please contact Property24 through the following channels:
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Great Westerford Building, Cape Town Southern Suburbs
- Official Website: www.property24.com
About Property24: Property24, owned by Naspers, is a key player in the property market, driving success through software innovation. We operate independently within the OLX Group, contributing to the Naspers classifieds division. With headquarters in Newlands, Cape Town, we have created comprehensive property platforms deployed internationally. In South Africa alone, we boast over 700 independent property websites, serving 4,300 estate agencies and 37,000 estate agents daily. Join our passionate, tech-centric team where quality, scale, and performance are the foundations of our success.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org