Kelly is South Africa’s first recruitment agency of choice for Permanent and Contingency Staffing Solutions. Kelly is a Level 2 BBBEE Contributor with 91.80% black ownership and 51.90% black female ownership. Beginning in 1969 as an innovative contingency staffing recruitment company, Kelly has revolutionized human resource management and paved the way for the rapid empowerment of women in the job market.
With over 40 years of experience in successful job-matching and placement of top candidates, Kelly – a division of Kelly Group – forms a part of Adcorp Holdings Limited (listed on the JSE in 1987), South Africa’s leading provider of staffing, human capital management and business process outsourcing services, Kelly has access to financial resources, leading IT and information systems and sound corporate governance.
Kelly’s ethos of personalized and hands-on development of candidates and the staffing industry, as a whole, led to the creation of Kelly training centers throughout the country. These centers focused on constant skills development for assignees and went pivotal to up-skilling the previously disadvantaged job market. Although these centers are no longer part of the Kelly offering, they formed the foundation for Kelly’s intensive skills testing processes, which are still in use today.
Kelly has always been at the forefront of industry regulation, protecting both staff and clients. Kelly was the first recruitment agency to align with the Decent Work concept developed by the International Labor Organization, ensuring fair treatment of all Kelly’s assignees and staff. Kelly was also one of the first employment agencies to pioneer in the area of job creation and placement for people with disabilities – something which is still fundamental to its overall vision.
After making some successful in-roads in the international labor market, and having expanded the offering beyond while collar permanent and contingency staffing, Kelly recently made the decision to go back to basics.
Work with Kelly
At Kelly, you are matched with the best possible employer. Furthermore, you will be assisted in the short term through the opportunity to take on temporary and contract work while you look for a permanent position. Taking on this opportunity with Kelly means that you will benefit the following:
- As soon as Kelly finds a match your profile will immediately be sent for consideration
- Kelly’s clients will asks to fill the position first before advertising to the public
- The refined matching process ensures you are put forward for jobs that suit you best
- Kelly services are free
- Extensive, expert knowledge of the labor market
- A database of international and local blue chip clients
If you are looking for a job that truly matches your career objectives, not just because of your skills, but because it is with a company that suits your values and personal vision, then Kelly is the best workplace for you! This is how you can find your dream job at Kelly:
- Prepare your information: Organize all your profile information and curriculum vitae / resume details in a simple word document so that you can easily copy and paste your information into the Kelly Job Portal Profile.
- Set aside time to create your profile: To register on the Kelly Job Portal, you will need to fill in all your details. CV document uploads will not be accepted, so set aside at least 30 minutes to complete the full registration process.
- Click on the ‘Register Your Profile’ button: Once you have all your information ready and you have set aside the time to complete your application process, click the ‘Register Your Profile’ button.
- Complete the registration process: Fill in all possible information as completely as possible. Make sure you clearly define your qualifications, important achievements and skill so Kelly consultants can more easily match you with an appropriate position.
- Verify your profile: An e-mail will be sent to you, asking you to verify your account. Make sure you click on the confirmation link to ensure that your profile becomes active.
- Search the Kelly Job Portal: Once your profile has been activated you can then search the Kelly Job Portal. If you see a job that you are interested in, you can login and click on the job to find out more about the details of the position.
- Apply for the position: If the job appeals to you and you have the relevant skills, click ‘ENV. Apply’ to put yourself forward for the position.
- If it’s a match Kelly will call you: Once you have verified your profile on the Kelly Job Portal, Kelly will see if they can match you with an appropriate job, only once Kelly has found a match they will call you. If you have applied for a job you have seen on the Kelly Job Portal, a consultant will only call you if your profile and credentials are an exact match.
Kelly Internship Program
Every year, Kelly offers an internship opportunity to creative graduates who are looking to apply theory and talent to real workplace challenges. The Kelly internship program is available in the fields of Marketing, Design, Innovation, and Communication. Within the program, you will get to experience a multi-brand environment, working on many different platforms, and get involved in a 12-month NQF learnership too, while you gain key workplace experience. In addition, you will receive a monthly stipend of R 3,500. The duration of the Kelly internship program is one year.
Apply for the Kelly internship program by submitting the following:
- Written application: A letter addressed to the ruler of a ‘Planet in a Galaxy Far, Far Away’. In this letter, you need to convince the ruler that you are the right human being from Earth to visit their planet and share your knowledge and creativity. You will need to explain what brilliance you will offer to ease their workload and grow their planet. Be sure to list the unique skills and traits you have. Make sure you design a letterhead / logo that represent your personal brand to make it appealing.
- Visual application: Accompanying your application, you need to create a visual showcase – it can be a video, animation or “still” advert (using images, footage of yourself, your voice, property abilities, etc.). Submit this edited creative piece via WeTransfer.com to Marketing@quest.co.za or send Kelly a link to your YouTube page / live post. In the visual application – tell who you are and what you can do – why you should be the one to join Kelly team.
- Digital Deets: You must include an overview of your digital citizenship in either the written or visual application – any social media account that you manage or blogs that you host / contribute to.
For more information, visit Kelly’s Job Opportunities web page.