MTN (Mobile Telephone Network) is an emerging market mobile operator at the forefront of technological and digital changes. From its headquarters in Johannesburg and guided by its values, MTN is delivering a bold, new digital world to its customers across Africa and the Middle East – one of the world’s fastest-growing regions for mobile telecommunications.
MTN entered the telecommunications scene as South Africa’s second cellular network operator in 1994. With a view to bringing world-class telecommunications to the developing world, MTN began its expansion in 1998 with the acquisition of licenses in Rwanda, Uganda and Swaziland.
Established in South Africa at the down of democracy as a leader in transformation, MTN has flourished through its extensive investment in advanced communication infrastructure in the past two decades, the talent and experience of its people, as well as the strength of its brand. MTN has grown rapidly investing in advanced communication infrastructure and by harnessing the talent of its people.to now have operations in 22 countries across Africa and the Middle East.
MTN now offers voice, data and digital services to retail customers in 21 countries in which its operations have telecoms licenses. MTN also offers enterprise solutions to corporate and public sector customers in a total of 23 countries. Its brand is among the most admired brands in Africa as well as among the most valuable African brands. Today, MTN is a Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) listed multinational company.
MTN continues to believe in the investment potential of emerging markets, and thus deliver quality services that respond to its customers’ present and future needs. MTN also believes that everyone deserves the benefits of a modern connected life. Every initiative undertaken, every innovative stride made, every award winning product developed – it’s all geared towards making MTN’s customers’ lives a whole lot brighter, as it leads the delivery of a bold, new digital world.
MTN Global Graduates Development Program
MTN’s Global Graduates Development Program seeks to source, develop, and accelerate top graduates from across MTN’s footprint in Africa and the Middle East. The program offers a privileged experience which fast-tracks talented individuals into critical roles at MTN. The MTN Graduates Development Program combines both formal development in partnership with Duke Corporate Education and the MTN Academy, as well as on-the-job development through full employment and placement into a strategically aligned role. The formal component includes modules at MTN’s three regional learning centers, located in Southern, Northern and Western Africa. These will include blended learning experiences such as metaphoric immersive experiences, multiple digital and media channels, and connection to social media platforms.
On-the-job development will take place locally where graduates are employed in MTN’s operating companies, and through job rotation. This will include in-role experience, varied interactions with the executive committees, mentoring, and coaching and Action Learning Projects (ALP).
The MTN Graduates Development Program offers top graduates a bespoke development and significant employment experience in a company that has and continues to shape this continent.
The MTN Graduates Development Program is a two year structured development program for young graduates. Upon completion of the program, graduates will be offered full employment into MTN, subject to satisfactory performance during the 2 yar period.
The MTN Graduates Development Program is worth the opportunity for you to take if:
- you are passionate about the delivery of a bold, new digital world to MTN’s customers, and making the customers’ lives a whole lot brighter
- you value leadership, innovation, relationships, integrity, and a can do attitude
- you are willing to take accountability, get things done, actively collaborate, and be completely candid
The MTN Graduates Development Program offers community development, international exchange / secondment opportunity, mentorship, structured personal development, and structured training. From the program, you will benefit financial rewards for performance, free or subsidized mobile phone, laptop / tablet, career development resources, subsidized canteen services, global induction, medical aid, staff discounts, pension scheme, and flexible working hours.
MTN Graduates Development Program Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible for the MTN Graduates Development Program, you must meet the minimum requirements mentioned below:
- You must be aged between 20 to 26 years old when applying for the program
- You should have less than 25 months of work experience
- You should have work rights in South Africa
- You must have completed at least a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- You must have an aggregate of at least 70%
- You must have completed your degree on or before February 1
- You must be in the discipline of one of the following: Actuarial Science, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Forensic Science, Industrial Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, Marketing, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Psychology, Risk Management, Statistics, Supply Chain Management.
- You must have completed National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)
- You must be able to read, write and speak fluently in English
Increase your chances of being selected for the MTN Graduates Development Program by gaining relevant skills and knowledge, such as in communicating, ability to work under pressure, computer literacy, fast learner, etc. The beneficial skills for the MTN Graduates Development Program include the following:
- Behavioral Competencies: Achievement orientation, adaptability, client focus, continuous learning, energy, initiative, proactivity and self-motivation, relationship building, and teamwork.
- Technical Competencies: Client service / communications
- Professional Tools: Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
Apply for the MTN Graduates Development Program
Start you application by visiting the MTN Graduates Development Program web page and click on ‘Apply Now’. You will be required to sign up for an account before you can create your resume and fill in the online application form on the careers portal.
Applications for the MTN Graduates Development Program usually close in the first quarter of each year.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further screening within 2 weeks of the application deadline. If you do not receive any feedback from MTN within 2 weeks after the application closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Make sure to keep yourself informed and updated on new MTN Graduates Development Program opportunity announcements.
Learn more about MTN by visiting its official website at https://www.mtn.com.