Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering Group initially established in Sweden in 1862. Sandvik’s operations are based on unique expertise in materials technology, extensive knowledge about industrial processes and close customer cooperation. The company has operations within tools and tooling systems for advanced metal-cutting, tools and solutions for the mining and construction industries and manufacturing of advanced stainless steels, powder-based alloys and specialty alloys. This combination, coupled with continuous investments in research and development (R&D), has enabled Sandvik achieve world-leading positions in the following areas:
- Tools and tooling systems for industrial metal cutting
- Equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries
- Advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating
With its 42,000 employees, Sandvik manufactures and sells products and services to customers worldwide, mainly in the mining, engineering, automotive, energy, construction, and aerospace sectors. The Sandvik Group operations are organized into 3 business areas responsible for research and development (R&D), production and sales of their respective products and services.
- Sandvik Machining Solutions
A market-leading manufacturer of tools and tooling systems for advanced industrial metal cutting. Products are manufactured in cemented carbide and other hard materials such as diamond, cubic boron nitride and special ceramics. The business area also comprises the areas of additive manufacturing and digital manufacturing.
- Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology
This is a leading supplier in equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, crushing and screening, loading and hauling, tunneling, quarrying and breaking and demolition.
- Sandvik Materials Technology
This is a world-leading manufacturer of advanced stainless steels and special alloys for the most demanding industries. The offering covers a large variety of product forms, such as tube, pipe, bar and strip steel as well as products for industrial heating.
Sandvik Global Graduate Program
Sandvik offers a global graduate program to graduate students who are driven by a desire to make a difference and want to experience the world. This is an 18-month rotation program that alternates between training and work, both in your home country and globally. The program combines 3 job rotation modules with 4 learning modules and gives broad international exposure.
Sandvik is a company that truly recognizes the importance of professional development. During the Sandvik Graduate Program you will get a deep understanding and learning about Sandvik’s business, its passion to help its customers to succeed and exploring the excitement of the manufacturing industry. At the same time, you will experience the array of cultures that form the Sandvik world.
The Sandvik Graduate Program provides challenging and rewarding opportunities in which you will be enabled and expected to actively contribute in Sandvik’s innovative environment. Within the Sandvik Graduate Program you will take part in projects of strategic importance, while gaining knowledge about Sandvik and obtaining practical experience of its way of doing business. Throughout the duration of the Sandvik Graduate Program, you will have a mentor by your side to support and challenge you. You will continually receive feedback and evaluation on your performance throughout the Sandvik Graduate Program. Where you will start your Sandvik career upon completion of the graduate program is decided through personal development dialogues, as well as the business’ needs.
For this graduate program, Sandvik seeks graduate students with a recent Master’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration, who has the potential and desire to become a future leader in Sandvik. As an individual, you are expected to possess all of the following qualities:
- Be self-motivated and open to challenges
- Have the ability to work within a diverse and international work environment
- Demonstrate drive and ambition to succeed and have a thirst for knowledge
- Be curious
- Have a high level of emotional intelligence
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Be mobile and open to live and work in different parts of the world
- Have passion and enthusiasm about Sandvik’s industry
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
Preference will be given to candidates who also have experience in areas such as Digitalization / IT, Project Management or R&D.
International travel is included in this program. Therefore, candidates should prepare themselves for when it is applicable.
Visit the Sandvik’s official website for more information regarding the Sandvik Graduate Program. For inquiries, please contact Anna Larsen at +46 26 26 63 97.
Sandvik Thesis Project
Besides offering graduate programs, Sandvik also offers various thesis projects to students who wants to write their Master’s thesis at Sandvik. The thesis projects are offered in some of the countries where Sandvik has its major sites.
Thesis work at Sandvik can give you new perspectives and contribute to your personal growth while translating your theoretical knowledge into real work. These projects are important to Sandvik too, as the projects contribute to Sandvik’s business while it gets to know dedicated, talented students that may become future co-workers.
Some of the examples of previous thesis topics at Sandvik are:
- Logistics and production processes
- Lean manufacturing
- IT and software engineering
- Sustainable development
- Human Resource
In some cases, Sandvik pays compensation for thesis projects approved by both Sandvik and the institution of higher education. If applicable, this should be clarified before starting the thesis project.
The available topics for thesis projects at Sandvik for theses conducted in 2020 are as follows:
- Cone crusher control: In Svedala, Sweden. Applications are due on January 31, 2020.
- Rainwater collection to minimize risk and the use of resources: In Sandviken, Sweden. Apply before January 31, 2020.
- Fatigue strength of cone crusher frame considering variable loading and multiaxial fatigue: In Svedala, Sweden. Application closes on December 31, 2019.
- Finite element analysis of drill bit components: In Sandviken, Sweden. Send your application before December 15, 2019.
- Digital twin of foundry process: In Svedala, Sweden. Application closes on December 31, 2019.
- Automatization of core box production: In Svedala, Sweden. Apply before December 31, 2019.
- Performance database statistics: In Svedala, Sweden. Application due on December 31, 2019.
- Chip control when turning with small entering angle: In Sandviken, Sweden. Apply before January 31, 2020.
- Adjusting mechanisms for turning tools: In Sandviken, Sweden. Application closing date is on January 31, 2020.
- Sustainable manufacturing – Green factory: In Gimo, Sweden. Apply before December 31, 2019.
- Future turning methods: In Gimo, Sweden. Send your application before December 31, 2019.
- Multivariate data analysis of process parameters influencing surfaces of duplex stainless steel alloys: In Sandviken, Sweden. Applications are due on January 31, 2020.
- Development of the safety process in production units: In Sandviken, Sweden. Application closes on December 31, 2019.
For more information, visit the Sandvik Thesis Projects web page. If you have questions regarding Sandvik Thesis Projects, send your inquiries via e-mail to Sandvik’s HR at HRService.email@example.com.