Unilever is a British-Dutch transnational consumer goods company that has been standing for 90 years. Established in 1929, by the merger of the Dutch margarine producer Margarine Unie and the British soap-maker Lever Brothers, Unilever is one of the oldest multinational companies. The company is co-headquartered in London (United Kingdom) and Rotterdam (Netherlands).
Unilever operates through 3 divisions: Beauty & Personal Care, Foods & Refreshment, and Home Care. Its products include food and beverages, cleaning agents, beauty products, and personal care products. These products are available in around 190 countries around the world. Many of its brands are familiar favorites all over the world. Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Rexona, Hellmann’s, Omo – these are just some of the 12 Unilever brands with an annual turnover of more than €1 billion.
Unilever plc has a primary listing on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. Unilever N.V. has a primary listing on Euronext Amsterdam and is a constituent of the AEX index. The company is also a component of the Euro Stoxx 50 stock market index.
Unilever Graduates and Students Programs
Unilever offers you the opportunity to learn alongside great people and great brands to create a better business and a better world. Whether you are looking for internships, mentoring, development opportunity or world-class leadership training schemes, Unilever provides such life-changing experience. At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of the consumers and the communities around you. Unilever produces world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo, alongside trusted local names and innovative-forward thinking brands like Ben & Jerry’s, The Dollar Shave Club and Surf.
Unilever is the place where you can bring your purpose to life with the work that you do – creating a better business and a better world. You will work on brands that are loved and improve the lives of Unilever’s consumers and the communities around it. You will lead innovations, big and small, that will make the business win and grow. You will learn from brilliant business leaders and colleagues who provide mentorship and inspiration so that you can become a better you.
Unilever Future Leaders Program
Unilever’s Future Leaders Program will ignite the leader in you. This unique program is designed to develop Unilever’s Future Leaders (UFL) by providing challenging and purposeful opportunities that accelerate their readiness to take on business leadership roles. The program encompasses rotations within and across functions in an accelerated learning environment. This includes extended leadership contact, formal training and professional development.
This Future Leaders Program is held in over 50 countries around the world. Applicants for this program must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree. Any degree will be considered. Successful applicants will receive localized salary and benefits package.
Regardless of which business unit UFLs work in, they are a team of Unilever that’s working to create better futures every day. Choose one of the following Unilever departments to be a UFL in:
- Customer Development: Work with customers, be the brand discriminators, predict and guide tomorrow’s shopping trends, as well as pioneer the role of business as a force of good in the world.
- Finance: Finance Business Partners to Accountants to the broad range of specialists in Expertise Services, everyone works together to achieve Unilever’s ambitions and build a better business and a better world.
- Human Resources: Attract, develop and retain the best talent, as well as partner with professionals working in the open talent economy. The HR team is key to enable everyone at Unilever to bring their purpose to life through the work that they do.
- Information Technology: With more than 169,000 brilliantly different employees across the world, and with a digital presence to be proud of, Unilever’s success relies on a strong technological infrastructure and top-of-the-range IT products. That is why Unilever looks for the bright minds and fresh thinkers for its Information Technology team.
- Supply Chain: Supply Chain is a key catalyst at the center of the organization. The team plays a vital role in getting the goods to customers and consumers; from sourcing raw materials to manufacturing and delivering the end product.
- Marketing: Unilever’s Marketers are impactful Entrepreneurs in sustainable marketing and are increasingly focused on driving performance through brands with purpose. Unilever wants to reach more people in more places more often with product truth; enabling and empowering people to achieve great things for themselves, for the business, and for the world.
- Research & Development: Unilever scientists explore and develop the technologies of the future, whilst its product developers use this science and technology to develop and bring to market Unilever’s next generation innovations. In unity, this team goes beyond to combine the search for breakthrough technologies with the constant drive to respond to competitors, move into new markets, and strengthen its brands with purpose.
Unilever Future Leaders’ League
Unilever Future Leaders’ League is a dynamic competition that brings together some of the brightest students from all over the world who want to experience what tomorrow’s leadership is all about. Joining UFLL means enrolling in a once in a lifetime challenge where you will be working with real brans and real business cases. It is a thrilling hands-on experience that will allow you to understand a leading business from the inside, to be developed by the top leaders that build and manage Unilever’s globally well-known brands and to boost the skills you need to ignite the leader in you. Unilever looks for students who will partner with it to create a better business and a better world, and who are looking to become the leaders of tomorrow, today.
Opportunities for Students Based on Location
Unilever offer a multitude of internship opportunities which vary geographically. These include Spring Programs, Industrial and Summer Placements, Internships and Apprenticeships. On these you will learn on a real job with real responsibilities, working alongside inspirational teams with whom you will set goals and measure your performance against Unilever’s standards of leadership, ultimately becoming a better you.
The currently available opportunities in South Africa are as follows:
- Global Mobility – Senior Technology and Data & Analytics Specialist
- Channel & Category Development Assistant – Ice Cream
- Production Engineer
- Control & Automation Engineer – Africa Cluster Engineer
For more information, visit Unilever’s Graduates and Students web page.